• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to make this skill?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
How to make a skill that does actions like this:
Every 5th strike of the hero/unit makes it deal two times it normal damage.
I know how to set the attacks but I don't know how to set crit(i tried to add it and remove it but what happened is after the unit/hero launch its 5th attack then all of its attacks are critical cause of the critical strike. <I put remove ability in the triggers after>)
How to fix this? :ogre_rage: :ogre_rage: :ogre_rage: :vw_death: :vw_death: :vw_sad:

Level 21
How to make a skill that does actions like this:
Every 5th strike of the hero/unit makes it deal two times it normal damage.
I know how to set the attacks but I don't know how to set crit(i tried to add it and remove it but what happened is after the unit/hero launch its 5th attack then all of its attacks are critical cause of the critical strike. <I put remove ability in the triggers after>)
How to fix this? :ogre_rage: :ogre_rage: :ogre_rage: :vw_death: :vw_death: :vw_sad:

If you want it to work on every fifth, without deviation, then you can do it using a simple trigger. Although it's good if you have a unit indexer, cos then you can make it MUI.

It goes like this:
Unit is attacked
if attackcount = 5 then
add ability, critical strike(100%)
set attackcount = 0
else
remove ability, critical strike(100%)
set attackcount = attackcount + 1

To make it MUI you make attackcount an array that mathes the units(that's why you need a unit indexer)

However, if you are just having problems with the critical strike ability, then note, that 1.00 means 100%. That's all.

Status
Not open for further replies.