• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

How to make the AI cast abilities?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Its pretty simple: I added abilities for my hero(enemy) howl of terror , carrion swarm, cleaving attack, inferno. The problem is quite easy: it wont cast any of them except terror but the other 2 doesnt he never casts swarm and inferno how can I tell thim to use them? I know if I turn him neutral hostile he casts it but I dont want that second I checked "cast custom abilities" in scenario tab even tho theese arent custom spells but nvm. So how can I make it cast regular abilities?

Level 4
Certain abilities will only cast under particular circumstances, like Inferno. Inferno will cast when there is more than one unit within the AOE parameters set in the abilities modification. Here is a list of when and how AI cast abilities.

Base abilities for custom spells cast by melee-game AI units

Some abilities may never cast or haven’t yet been determined when the AI will cast them. For these, make a dummy spell like Holy Light for defensive abilities and Finger of a Death for offensive spells. When the unit cast these spells, have a trigger that will make them cast the real spell you want them too. Note: for the dummy spells, make sure you remove all effects (dmg, lightning, buffs...). There are many posts that can further help you in advance spell casting using dummy spells. Search this site.

Status
Not open for further replies.