• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to make ranged poison arrow for melee hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
How to make ranged poison arrow for melee hero? <<<<----???

a ranged poison arrow meaning a ranged orb-based ability for a melee hero? Basically you want to make the melee hero have an attack-autocasted spell like poison arrow or searing arrows right, so you can have a ranged-attack for a melee unit, am I right? I do not think that's possible.....

You can have a spell autocasted by a dummy whenever you attack but your character will still be attacking at melee range.

Level 3
maybe it would help you to modify the skill "pheonix fire"? It shots automaticly at targets in range of your hero. Give it an arrow missile and do a trigger like: If ability pheonix fire is casted on unit do: do 5 damage to target of ability, wait 2 second, do damage, wait, do damage, and so on, to simulate the poison effect. Dont know if this trigger works but this is the way i would try it.

Status
Not open for further replies.