• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to make HD/HQ custom tile ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kazeon

Hosted Project: EC
Level 33
Guys, I want to learn about making custom tiles, and I want to make a HD grass tile. What must I do? Must I create a file with high resolution or what? thnks for any help :)
EDIT: I meant brick or any stone path tile. I'm sorry if I posted in the wrong forum, I have no idea where must I post this thread

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

His resolution tiles are usually 4x4 (128x128 each of them) but working with that resolution is still a bit difficult. I'd suggest making the tile at 256x256 and down-scaling it afterwards. As for the actual process, you need a program such as photoshop or GiMP and a lot of time. I'd suggest looking up a tutorial or two depending on the actual tile you want to make on youtube. After you finish the tile, you should use the offset function to remove seams.

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

These are very nice. I do notice a seam or two but they will hardly be noticeable in-game so you need not worry. I'd suggest maybe adding some more highlights and shadows on the respective edges depending on where the light is coming from. I actually saw a very neat video last night, I'll link it in a sec. Here it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.