• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to make computer players not to use spells

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
WTF are you trying to say. That would only turn auto-cast on/off and so on.

I made a custom spell out of Frenzy and I want them to cast it via trigger, but now they cast it any time when they are being attacked because of the AI...

Level 3
Answered!!!

Remove their skills manually from the object editor. Then give them the skills when you want them to cast them.

I did this on my Blademaster and it works fine.
  • Actions
    • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units owned by Player 1 (Red) of type Blademaster) and do (Actions)
      • Loop - Actions
        • Unit - Add Bladestorm to (Picked unit)
        • Unit - Order (Picked unit) to Orc Blademaster - Bladestorm
    • Wait 8.00 seconds
    • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units owned by Player 1 (Red) of type Blademaster) and do (Actions)
      • Loop - Actions
        • Unit - Remove Bladestorm from (Picked unit)
Note: The mana of your skill the unit won't cast it if it does not have the right mana amount.

Note: As you can see there are leaks. Go do it yourself if you want to.

Note: I think there is no other way than this... Well that's my opinion but still think of the possibilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.