• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

how to make a sword which ignore armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
Is the sword providing a passive bonus? E.g. every time you attack with this sword, you will also deal XY damage that is not reduced by armor? Or does it completely change your hero's damage as long as he has the sword?

Or is it an active ability? You use the item (sword) and deal some damage?

For the first two options you will most likely need a damage detection system to correctly catch when unit takes damage from your hero.
For the last option, you would trigger it the same way as an ability.

Level 5
Is the sword providing a passive bonus? E.g. every time you attack with this sword, you will also deal XY damage that is not reduced by armor? Or does it completely change your hero's damage as long as he has the sword?

Or is it an active ability? You use the item (sword) and deal some damage?

For the first two options you will most likely need a damage detection system to correctly catch when unit takes damage from your hero.
For the last option, you would trigger it the same way as an ability.
I already have a DDS and no it gives 100 damage and ignore all armor from the enemy more like a passive what I should do??

Dat-C3: why dont you post your triggers? Im sure most of the people reading this thread (including me) are too lazy to download and open your map.. so this is not very productive.

That doesn't bother me :grin: However it is productive for the person who requested it.

This allows for lazy people who don't know how to do this to copy and paste and see an example map to how it works and is done.

Posting the triggers/code is quite limited, though usually I would do both. I am not interested in posting another persons code either, all credit goes to Weep and his GDD if you use the code in the demomap called blade.

Status
Not open for further replies.