• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

How to make a locomotive follow on a track?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Hello people, I'm back on Hive!
Now I am on a project with a friend to create an RPG.
As the title suggest, is there anyway to make a unit (locomotive in this case) follow on its track perfectly, without creating a trigger for every region?
It would be something like this: Roller Coaster, except that I have already placed the tracks.
Thanks in advanced for any help!

Level 7
well, if you have no water/ water units it is really easy, you just have to enable pathing of type water along the entire track.
  • Environment - Set terrain pathing at (some loc)) of type Floatability to On
there might be also be way using a ramp like invisible platform rather then making a lengthy trigger.

you could make a movement trigger for the unit that moves the train forward,
but checks the terrain type, and if it isn't of type "railroad" it looks for terrain of type "railroad" in a -45 to 45 sweep,
and then turns the train to head the direction it finds "railroad".

Status
Not open for further replies.