• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

How to make a lava stream?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello,
I want to make a terrain for a new project in which the players run through a volcano. But now is my question: How do I make lava streams? A waterfall just with lava. Something like that. I don't

~ Ice_Core ~

P.S: Yes, i have read the tutorial for good looking lava in WE. But I want lava streams.

Level 8
I have a lava stream in my map, and I followed the tutorial on good looking lava except, that I carved a deep crevice coming from the lava pit and used the same textures and doodads and stuff. If you want it to come down the side of a cliff, you can carve your crevice over the cliff edge so that it dips, and have glow objects coming down the cliff.
attachment.php

Attachments

• lavastream.jpg
    lavastream.jpg
    914.6 KB · Views: 1,770
Level 3
attachment.php

I want to replace this waterfall. A lava stream breaking through rocks and then it flows into this lava at the ground. What you showed is not exactly what I want.

Attachments

• RedWaterfall.jpg
    RedWaterfall.jpg
    256.6 KB · Views: 2,195
Last edited:
Level 18
Well.. As i and Piwlady have done the lava streams in all our great unfinished lava places. Make different colored waterfalls (red, yellow, orange and black waterfalls) add as many as you need to make it look good, then after those, add the orange glow effect around the waterfall so it gets a nice warm glow. Then it should look pretty good, also if you want to make it look perfect, then you must edit the splashing water texture, as you can see that i didnt care to waste my time on that in this one. Also that has just been done very fastly so it obviously aint the best outcome :)

145260-albums2129-picture36851.png

Last edited:
Level 13
Well.. As i and Piwlady have done the lava streams in all our great unfinished lava places. Make different colored waterfalls (red, yellow, orange and black waterfalls) add as many as you need to make it look good, then after those, add the orange glow effect around the waterfall so it gets a nice warm glow. Then it should look pretty good, i can upload a picture later. Now im at school so i cant do it yet :3

Yes, this is how it's done. Can't remember was it you or me who invented this but it sure was great day for terraining.

Status
Not open for further replies.