• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

How to make a God in my map?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
One player plays as a "God". That player will be able to spawn units anywhere on the map.

Perhaps can "God" be a hidden building or something, just to have the abilities with unlimited range. I used to do so in the TFT editor, but maybe there are more efficent ways in Sc2.

How can this be done?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
One player plays as a "God". That player will be able to spawn units anywhere on the map.

Perhaps can "God" be a hidden building or something, just to have the abilities with unlimited range. I used to do so in the TFT editor, but maybe there are more efficent ways in Sc2.

How can this be done?

Any way you want really. I would give him a scripted custom user interface to select units from. The contense of this interface could even be fetched dynamicly using the catalog natives to provide a choice of every unit included in the map. Upon making a selection (pressing the unit's icon) it then changes his cursor so he can click where he wants the unit to spawn. This is done using the user input events to register when he makes a mouse click and then looking up his mouse X/Y cordinates. Obviously there will be lag due to the net traffic that is involved with those natives but that should be under a second so hardly is a concern.

Status
Not open for further replies.