• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to make a circle around a target point?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Right, ive forgotten absolutely everything to do with the editor. I used to be able to make a circle in about a minute or so but no i cant even do it...

I want to make a circle of rocks.

What ive got so far: (this fails so miserably, i know... i just cant remember how....I feel like a failure :eek:):
  • Actions
    • Set WallOfRock_Caster = (Casting unit)
    • Set WallOfRock_Caster_Point = (Position of WallOfRock_Caster)
    • Set WallOfRock_TargetPoint = (Target point of ability being cast)
    • Set WallOfRock_OutsidePoint[1] = (WallOfRock_TargetPoint offset by 20.00 towards (Distance between (Position of WallOfRock_Caster) and WallOfRock_TargetPoint) degrees)
    • Set WallOfRock_OutsidePoint[2] = (WallOfRock_TargetPoint offset by 40.00 towards (Distance between (Position of WallOfRock_Caster) and WallOfRock_TargetPoint) degrees)
    • Set WallOfRock_OutsidePoint[3] = (WallOfRock_TargetPoint offset by 60.00 towards (Distance between (Position of WallOfRock_Caster) and WallOfRock_TargetPoint) degrees)
    • Set WallOfRock_OutsidePoint[4] = (WallOfRock_TargetPoint offset by 80.00 towards (Distance between (Position of WallOfRock_Caster) and WallOfRock_TargetPoint) degrees)
    • Set WallOfRock_OutsidePoint[5] = (WallOfRock_TargetPoint offset by 100.00 towards (Distance between (Position of WallOfRock_Caster) and WallOfRock_TargetPoint) degrees)
    • Unit - Create 1 Rock for (Owner of WallOfRock_Caster) at WallOfRock_OutsidePoint[1] facing WallOfRock_TargetPoint
    • Unit - Create 1 Rock for (Owner of WallOfRock_Caster) at WallOfRock_OutsidePoint[2] facing WallOfRock_TargetPoint
    • Unit - Create 1 Rock for (Owner of WallOfRock_Caster) at WallOfRock_OutsidePoint[3] facing WallOfRock_TargetPoint
    • Unit - Create 1 Rock for (Owner of WallOfRock_Caster) at WallOfRock_OutsidePoint[4] facing WallOfRock_TargetPoint
    • Unit - Create 1 Rock for (Owner of WallOfRock_Caster) at WallOfRock_OutsidePoint[5] facing WallOfRock_TargetPoint
This just makes it in a line. I do know the numbers are horribly wrong, i just really need help with the end part (distance between... etc)
Dont tell me to use loops, i feel more comfortable starting out as a beginner again.
And yeah, its not just gonna be 5, its going to be like 18 rocks. Just starting out at 5 just to see if it works.

Oh and dont give me the whole trigger, just tell me what to put at the end and what numbers to put :) (360/18?)
Anyway, help please? :(

edit: changed numbers
edit2: also tried "angles"... didnt work... FFS

Level 14
Use a loop.
  • For each (Integer A) from 0 to X, do (Actions)
    • Loop - Actions
(You don't need to use Integer A if you're worried it will conflict with another spell; just use another global integer variable.
X = number of rocks you want to create + 1 since we start from 0.

This is an example of the point you would want to create the rock at
  • Set RockPoint = (CenterPoint offset by YourOffset towards (Angle x (Real((Integer A)))) degrees)
You get the Angle by calculating 360/X. Example: You're creating 5 rocks so 360/5 = 72.

Level 8
I tried watermelons, and it didnt work, then i did the tutorial and it worked. Thanks for that, +rep to you Kercyn.

Status
Not open for further replies.