• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to make a building model do the upgrades?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I'm looking for a hint to see how can i make a model building "castle" to upgrade itself further.

I imported the model,looks fine,and it's in the 1st stage.But i changed some things in the object editor as it was showed in an example of the creator,but still doesn't work.

If there is any usefull tutorial i can look into it,shoot it please.Make an effort please and tell me where to look,because i don't know.

Thank you.

Level 28
Since you didn't like any model, I will just need to guess what it could be.
Standard models use as upgrade animations "upgrade" and then "first", or "second".
So go to the building, find the box that says "Art - Required Animation Names" and then add 2 strings: "upgrade", and "first" or "second".

If that doesn't work, you can select the regular building in the unit palette (terrain editor). On the left, there's an example of the model. You can press buttons to see different animations of it. What you're looking for is the upgraded castle, check out that animation name. If it's something like "Stand Greater Castle", then the required animation names should be "greater" and "castle". I hope that made sense.

If that still didn't work, you really have to give a link to the model here.

Level 2
i managed it,it's like you said...thanks,i just forgot to do that :D

and now the problem is that,when i'm testing the map,the worker doesn't finish the building....it's always stuck at e.g. 40/500 hp ...and doesn't continue.

What's could it might be? i did what you said with upgrade,first,but any type of building i've added it's like not continuing.

Level 28
i managed it,it's like you said...thanks,i just forgot to do that :D

and now the problem is that,when i'm testing the map,the worker doesn't finish the building....it's always stuck at e.g. 40/500 hp ...and doesn't continue.

What's could it might be? i did what you said with upgrade,first,but any type of building i've added it's like not continuing.
Large chance that the builder does not have the Repair-ability (human buildings are constructed with 10% HP, the builder then starts to repair it, so it will never get finished unless the builder can repair).

Status
Not open for further replies.