• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Unsolved] How to make a Barrack land on a Geyser?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
I try to make a Barrack being able to land on top of a Geyser. (Just as a Refinery can only be built on a Geyser.)

I change pathing, footprings, collision etc, but the Barrack refuses to land on a Geyser.

Any idea how to solve this?

Level 1
Thank you.

A mod-file typically has no Melee Initialization trigger. Instead each individual map file has it.

Is it possible to create the Melee Initialization trigger inside the mod-file and just add your adjustment? Or do I need to add your adjustement into every individual map?

Dont want the two triggers to collide - one in the mod file, one in the individual map. Easiest would just be if the mod-file had all triggers, and the melee map had no triggers.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
This "should" be easy, but it just refuses to work
Building on the geyser is easy but landing refuses to cooperate it appears. I think one of the flags in the morph ability is probably the key but I will need more testing to know for sure.
Dont want the two triggers to collide - one in the mod file, one in the individual map. Easiest would just be if the mod-file had all triggers, and the melee map had no triggers.
You can run initialization code as part of a mod's triggers I believe. However it can be annoying if people want to use your mod and you force them to always have those triggers/systems running. In any case it is required for melee self-contained mods (not arcade content mods) since with those you do not have access to the map that runs them.

Status
Not open for further replies.