• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] How to Group Clusters into Subclusters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 31
Let's say that we have a group of points in 2D space. The group should be split up into clusters of 4 as efficiently as possible (maximize cluster sizes). A point can only be part of a cluster if the cluster size after the dot is added is less than or equal to the max cluster size (circle at top right).

Any ideas?

I was thinking of calculating center points for sets of data and then splitting it up using binary partitioning on the center points until set <= 4, but that wouldn't split it up into maximum cluster sizes. It'd split it up into even cluster sizes.

So... dunno what to do : (.

Below is a picture of me connecting dots for sets of 4 points to represent clusters. I need an algorithm to do that in code.

attachment.php

Attachments

• cluster.jpg
    cluster.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 799
Status
Not open for further replies.