• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Slow down cluster rocket projectiles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hey so I got a pretty fun spell called Barrage, when cast the spell itself just makes a trueshot aura effect in a spot with a flare in the middle for 3 seconds, then a large battleship is triggered to cluster rocket (with mortar projectile!) at that point. Actually looks pretty cool but the projectiles of the cluster rockets are a bit too fast for my taste. Is there a way to slow them down?

Level 7
Have you tried lowering the Projectile Speed in Object Editor?
Aye, but it had no effect for me. I'm thinking because the distance between the caster and target is enormous?

Just to double check I did a test with missile speed 1, still crazy fast projectile. Ideally, I would have the projectile launch and land at it's target at exactly 3 seconds no matter where/what distance.

Last edited:
Level 20
Aye, but it had no effect for me. I'm thinking because the distance between the caster and target is enormous?

Is your unit casting the spell or is it attacking a ground target? If its attacking the ground, then try to set the unit Projectile Speed. The distance at which its casting the ability should not influence the projectile speed.
I would suggest you post a picture of your ability/unit and paste the code for your spell, so we can have a better idea of whats going on.

Level 20
O
Here's a screenshot of the spell and trigger. I tried messing with spell/effect duration as well but it didn't work. Projectile is mad fast... do I need negative values? Havent tried that yet

Imgur

Oh, i see the problem. Take a look at this Thread Cluster Rockets missile speed help? It explains why the Cluster Rocket missile speed dont change, just the impact time. If you want a cluster like ability like you mentioned, you will need to trigger it.

Level 7
Bummer, not sure how to trigger it properly and it will probably require a lot of testing. Although... well what if I wanted just 3 slow moving projectiles to strike the area for aoe damage? Triggering 3 spells in a row cant be that bad. Any ideas on what spell would be the easiest to base that on?

Level 20
Bummer, not sure how to trigger it properly and it will probably require a lot of testing. Although... well what if I wanted just 3 slow moving projectiles to strike the area for aoe damage? Triggering 3 spells in a row cant be that bad. Any ideas on what spell would be the easiest to base that on?

You dont need to reinvent the wheel, there are plenty of triggered clusters rocket spells in the Spell section. Take a look at this one: Cluster Rockets v1.1.0 Its easy to understand, import and modify for your needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.