• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

How to get your custom map to work with customkeys.txt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bawbz

Hosted Project: SB
Level 13
Hello,

I would like players of my map to be able to use customkeys.txt to change the hotkeys of custom units, abilities, upgrades, etc.
I tried getting this to work today but it seems that any custom object that I have set a hokey for that is different than the base object's hotkey will override the customkeys.txt file.
I did some searching and I know that Warcraft 3 Dota has customkeys.txt files that work, so it must be possible. I saw some mention of widgetizing a map, but I'm not sure exactly what that does.

Could someone explain to me my options? Is there some way I could allow users to specify a customkeys.txt file that will work with my map? Is there something I need to do to my map to get it to work?

Thanks,
Ogre_Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.