• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[JASS] How to do knockback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
ive seen alot of example for knockback with jass, but i dont understand it, do you have to type every letter yourself or is there some kind of program, i have jasscraft and today is the first day ive opened it, i was never interested in learning jass, but gui is getting boring, how do i use those program?

Level 17
Level 19
You type everyletter yourself actually

but there are many knockback functions that you can use with Copy And Paste
Silvenon has one that can be executed like
Custom script: call Knockback(<unit>,<direction>,<speed>,<boolean destroy trees ? true or false>) (I forgot if he included tree destroy range)

About JassCraft it can highlight texts, show you errors in code, shows you default game functions and checks for errors
(bah NewGen does all and +LOTS of things who needs JassCraft)

My suggestion about JassCraft: Click on JassCraft Directory and Press Shift-Delete

Level 9
yes, i wanted to learn jass but never had the time for it, that knockback function, i would like to increase ability in doing that, but i still dont get how they work, GUI makes sense in a way but jass is like you have to remember everything.

Level 11
Jass isn't much different than GUI. The major difference is that you need to know some basic scripting syntax. Otherwise if you think about it they are the same (they have to be since GUI is just Jass prettied-up in the trigger editor). Memorizing jass functions isn't hard since they have self-explanatory names like "GetTriggerUnit()" and "AddSpecialEffect()".

Someone already made a Knockback function. It can do both AoE and single target (I used both in a map once) and it's fairly simple to use. Along the top of your Hive page, the thing that has like: Tools, Maps, Forums, Models, etc click the one that says JASS, it should be someone where the top (or it was last time I looked), and if You cant find it, search: Vilex's (or just Vile) Knockback and you should find it.

Level 13
Someone already made a Knockback function. It can do both AoE and single target (I used both in a map once) and it's fairly simple to use. Along the top of your Hive page, the thing that has like: Tools, Maps, Forums, Models, etc click the one that says JASS, it should be someone where the top (or it was last time I looked), and if You cant find it, search: Vilex's (or just Vile) Knockback and you should find it.

Nope, that one was on wc3sear.ch, not here (though I've never seen it, but that's the only reasonable explanation coming on my mind).

Ahem, has it ever slipped your mind that my knockback can also be used for AOE knockbacking?? Just pick units in AOE and knockback them one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.