• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to display mana cost of items on item?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
You know where the amount of gold an item could be sold for and its lil icon is displayed on the item, how do you get the lil mana icon to be displayed with the mana cost? What needs to be adjusted on the ability or the item itself? thanks.

Level 16
This is characteristic of unique items. For example, the Gloves of Spell Mastery have the Control Magic ability tagged onto them. Therefore, to invoke the spell that is given, there is a mana cost. So when creating abilities, you simply add a mana cost, given that they are active. However, I'm not sure about the state of autocast abilities when bound to an item like that.

Level 2
Yes the abilities on my items have mana costs and there are also charges on the items, they still dont display mana costs i cant figure out why? If they have a passive ability before the ability that costs mana will that effect if the cost is displayed or not?

Level 2
I discovered that having a passive ability before the mana costing ability effects wether or not the mana cost of the mana costing ability is displayed or not. Thanks for your help never the less guyz.

Status
Not open for further replies.