• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to Design/Create a Trigger for Waygates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
The title pretty much depicts my problem.

I don't know how to make a trigger for waygates. I have 8 Way gates, 4 pairs. I need to have a pair of waygates. I need to know how to 'pair' them, like, when you go to this waygate it only goes to this specific waygate. If there's a tutorial about it, let me know, and sorry if I didn't read it. Thank you for reading and giving an answer. Just need this for the final piece in my first map. :smile:

Level 30
Oh, Im late. But I still want to add my own information. :D

First, make sure your waygate has the Waygate ability. Then create Regions at the point where your Waygates are located. For example, your region 001 is in upper left part of the map and region 002 is in upper right of the map. Make regions for both of them and after that. Click both of the Waygates Unit then an option Waygate Active should be there. Turn it on and choose the regions for both of your waygates to teleport the unit. Enjoy! :D

Level 30
Sorry, I don't really get what you said. I know that any unit can go to Way Gates, aaand are you suggesting me that even a peon can go to a Way Gate or is it another idea you're telling me?

What he means is not only Waygate units can be used for teleportation. If you give a unit, for example... a Circle of Power an ability Waygate... and set the Regions, you can make the Circle of Power acts as a Waygate also.

Status
Not open for further replies.