• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Trigger] How to create the following system?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
1. A system that fuses knockback and jump system but can customize easily all of the following ways.

1. Jump system that has a true/false to bouncing.
2. Jump system that can travel you over a distance based on a TIME period rather then a speed.
3. Jump system that has variable's for the customization on arc.
4. A jump system that can allow you to jump over cliff's.
5. Jump system that can play animations while jumping instead of paused.
6. Knockback that can choose knockback that has travel of total distance over X seconds.
7. Knockback that doesn't start cutting speed untill 3/4ths of the way into the knockback and is a customizable division problem.
8. Knockback has a true false to rebound off of doodads, units, bumping unis, dealing damage to bumped units, destroying destructables, animation and accepting orders to cast spells, turn to look where you click, while in knockback.
9. play animations while in knockback
10. register friend from foe.
11. true/false to push invul
12. true/false to be pushed over cliffs
13. grid along doodads stead of being stuck.
14. allow or disallow more than one additional knock back force.

YAda yada, tired of halfassed systems, just help make one supreme for all needs.

Level 9
almost all of your customizable points is already available in some separate resources.
judging from your points, the Knockback 3D resource in spells section already cover most points, why not suggest to the creator to implement those feature in it?
YAda yada, tired of halfassed systems, just help make one supreme for all needs.
Contrary to what you want, system should only do what its intended to do, maintaining and updating system which do a lot of things is a tedious task and not necessary.
You can't satisfy everyone, it's the same with system.

Level 7
lol, I don't intend on using someone elses system I want aid making this one from scratch for this one particular map that needs all the features not just a few of them lol.

Level 16
1. A system that fuses knockback and jump system but can customize easily all of the following ways.

1. Jump system that has a true/false to bouncing.
2. Jump system that can travel you over a distance based on a TIME period rather then a speed.
3. Jump system that has variable's for the customization on arc.
4. A jump system that can allow you to jump over cliff's.
5. Jump system that can play animations while jumping instead of paused.
6. Knockback that can choose knockback that has travel of total distance over X seconds.
7. Knockback that doesn't start cutting speed untill 3/4ths of the way into the knockback and is a customizable division problem.
8. Knockback has a true false to rebound off of doodads, units, bumping unis, dealing damage to bumped units, destroying destructables, animation and accepting orders to cast spells, turn to look where you click, while in knockback.
9. play animations while in knockback
10. register friend from foe.
11. true/false to push invul
12. true/false to be pushed over cliffs
13. grid along doodads stead of being stuck.
14. allow or disallow more than one additional knock back force.

5 >> you can make it play the animation via a trigger line all the way of the jump
2 - 6 >> this can be done with speed base, speed will be equal = Range / Time you want
7 >> an acceleration is.. the thing that simulates the thing you want but that is practically a request rather than being a global system
8 >> i doubt the following will do it all, but it does it mainly
10 >> again, the animation can be played through a trigger action before the KB, if you want it on a specific time, the following can give you the amount of time the KB will last WHEN issuing the KB, so it goes to a little more triggering
11 >> wait for the update :/
12 >> it does!
13 >> i do not understand >.>
14 >> wait for an update, and this will be possible via a condition

For now, the System that almost can make anything:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/spells-569/knock-back-3d-v-1-7-2-a-242031/

lol, I don't intend on using someone elses system I want aid making this one from scratch for this one particular map that needs all the features not just a few of them lol.
Look at the code of the system, and i tell you good luck making a similar one xDD
seriously one system that can make all the things you said is almost impossible, yet can be found with some features missing ^^^

Level 22
You want a physics system, head to the lab there's one there.

EDIT: There are existing one's, I think grim made one on vjass, and MadLion's MADOS something, I forgot.

Level 22

let me guess, you don't know how to import a system or you are lazy to import them so you want someone to help you on making it.. you may hit or kick me if i am wrong
i suggest KB3D which is the best KB that ever exist, and to make it by yourself you'll really need a long time and many requirements for it (Jad didn't even completed his KB3D in one day and he was helped by malhorne and chobibo at that time)

Level 16
Agree, the KB3D system was uploaded on 29th of septemeber.. That's almost 1.5 months ago and it haven't stopped being updated with new features
That's without the time being worked on ~~ it took 1 week to make the 'basic' version
That's why i said gd luck trying to make a seemlike stystem :/

Level 18
I don't see the point to create a system of your own if you don't know at all how to make it :/
When I was a newbie I wanted some systems, I didn't find good one then I learned things after things on scripts and know I can do this but I prefer use what have been done if it's good...

Level 22
8. Knockback has a true false to rebound off of doodads, units, bumping unis, dealing damage to bumped units

This strongly suggest a physics system.
EDIT: cropped the quote.

Level 7
Physic's isn't hard, which is why I didn't ask for one. What is difficult for me is finding a knockback system that has to meet the needs of the spells for the heroes I have in order to balance them in combat. Now trying to use an engine that makes jumping units bounce and have that extra something I won't need is just fairly useless. I will be pushing the limit of the amount of code allowed for this game. I'd prefer to keep the systems large and with the desired needs so I can save space.

Level 22
Oh, so you want a system tailored for your needs. Since you said it was easy, then I assume you know how to make the necessary formulas yourself. Try asking/recruiting on the request thread. Good luck dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.