• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to create an item crafting trigger for a non-hero unit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
So I have been researching on the forums about a trigger that could craft an item when you put two or more items in the inventory of a building and then you press an ability to craft the items together and make a new item. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find any solutions so far since all of them required a Hero unit to pick up an item and then instantly craft the item if it detects that all required items are in the inventory.

For an example of what I want the trigger to do: My Hero puts Item1 and Item2 in a building unit controlled by me, then I press a dummy ability that does nothing (its a modified thunder clap) and then it creates a new item.

I'm really new to all these triggers so excuse me if its an obvious solution.

Level 6
certain units can carry items if they have the carry item ability upgrade, but I think that only allows them to carry 2 items

Level 2
The building that the items go into has the 'Inventory(Hero)' ability by default, its capable of holding 6 items at a time. What I want to do is combine the items in the inventory to create a new item if I press an ability that the building has.

Level 21
This is the easiest way i could think of:

• ItemCombi
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to (==) #Itemforge (Neutral Hostile)
    • Actions
      • Multiple FunctionsIf (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • ((Triggering unit) has an item of type Claws of Attack +6) Equal to (==) True
          • ((Triggering unit) has an item of type Claws of Attack +9) Equal to (==) True
        • Then - Actions
          • Item - Remove (Item carried by (Triggering unit) of type Claws of Attack +6)
          • Item - Remove (Item carried by (Triggering unit) of type Claws of Attack +9)
          • Hero - Create Claws of Attack +15 and give it to (Triggering unit)
        • Else - Actions
edit: btw, i normally don't like players who mass fiends :ogre_icwydt:

Level 2
Thank you A]mun, works perfectly! :D I literally spent about 6 hours trying to find a working method but failed miserably.

A question if you don't mind: How would I need to change the code so that it would detect multiple items of the same type, lets say two Claws of Attack +6 and create the Claws of Attack +9? I intend to have a couple recipes featuring the same items multiple times as well so that's why I'm wondering.

Also: I'll try to mass less fiends next time... :p

Level 11
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Forge
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • ((Triggering unit) has an item of type Claws of Attack +3) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Item - Remove (Item carried by (Triggering unit) of type Claws of Attack +3)
            • If - Conditions
              • ((Triggering unit) has an item of type Claws of Attack +3) Equal to True
            • Then - Actions
              • Hero - Create Claws of Attack +6 and give it to (Triggering unit)
            • Else - Actions
              • Hero - Create Claws of Attack +3 and give it to (Triggering unit)
        • Else - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • ((Triggering unit) has an item of type Greater Replenishment Potion) Equal to True
              • (Charges remaining in (Item carried by (Triggering unit) of type Greater Replenishment Potion)) Greater than or equal to 2
              • ((Triggering unit) has an item of type Maul of Strength) Equal to True
            • Then - Actions
              • Item - Set charges remaining in (Item carried by (Triggering unit) of type Greater Replenishment Potion) to ((Charges remaining in (Item carried by (Triggering unit) of type Greater Replenishment Potion)) - 2)
              • If ((Charges remaining in (Item carried by (Triggering unit) of type Greater Replenishment Potion)) Less than or equal to 0) then do (Item - Remove (Item carried by (Triggering unit) of type Greater Replenishment Potion)) else do (Do nothing)
              • Hero - Create Killmaim and give it to (Triggering unit)
            • Else - Actions
This is a simple solution that I use in my map if you don't want to deal with looping through the inventory slots and setting each matched item as a variable integer.
If it's going to be a long trigger ideally- you would be setting variables for things you'd use often though (triggering unit) (item of type =your item) etc.

Level 2
Daffa the Mage I'm not sure what you are referring to when you say "integer variable".

Alethos that is a really intriguing trigger I must say, I never thought about approaching it like that. During the time between my last post and now I played around with the trigger editor for a solution and this is what I came up with.

• Recipe
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Craft
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • Or - Any (Conditions) are true
            • Conditions
              • ((Triggering unit) has an item of type Potion of Greater Mana) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Item - Remove (Item carried by (Triggering unit) of type Potion of Greater Mana)
          • Item - Remove (Item carried by (Triggering unit) of type Potion of Greater Mana)
          • Hero - Create White Potion (Placeholder) and give it to (Triggering unit)
        • Else - Actions
It works and you don't need to check every slot separately, but I wonder if it has any limitations, and I also wonder if your method would be a better approach to crafting items.

Status
Not open for further replies.