• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] How to create a Kamehameha vs Kamehameha Style Spell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
-Okay not really kamehameha but in theory kinda, So I created a few spells where we can interact with them, by destroying the casted spells with another spell, but the only downside is that it's not consistent.

-I give HP to each spell created, but lots of times the spell with less HP ends up destroying the one with higher HP.

Here's one of my triggers in full

Cast

attachment.php

-So I label all of my HP as a String ID - MWL in Hashtable Spells for each of my spells, which I labeled as Unit-type: Missile.

Actual trigger

attachment.php

-Each cycle, my spell unit moves forward and gathers units and damages them. If the unit is another missile unit, it'll register it's Hashtable String MWL as Missile Life Decayer.
-I then subtract the 2 HP.
-I divide the Missile Life Decay to make sure theres enough time for both to subtract an adaquate amount of HP from each other
-(IDK if that actually works, it was just one of the things I tried to make this more accurate)
-The Missile already losses life from every cycle, but not much in the short run

Special Effect

attachment.php

This dosent really do anything important, but I just put it up there for the heck of it

Although I may be repeating myself, I just wanna reexplain my problem after showing the triggers
When I have 2 units cast this spell at each other, the one that was casted last ends up destroying the other one, but sometimes, it's HP is uninterrupted

Say the total range(HP) for the spell is 2000
Assuming the trigger works right, if it meets another missile with 1500
In Theory it should be at 500, but rather it simply goes all the way to 2000
Sometimes it works and it actually loses HP but I can't seem to be able to find the pattern

I tried the spells up close to each other and far away, results were quite random.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    29 KB · Views: 248
  • 2.png
    2.png
    76.2 KB · Views: 255
  • 3.png
    3.png
    66.6 KB · Views: 284
Level 3
Heres the map, I'm sorry for the left over junk, I just scrapped everything but the spell to show the example
Just really want to get this figured out

Attachments

• Example Map.w3x
    2.5 MB · Views: 62
Status
Not open for further replies.