• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to create a dynamic music system?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
I was wondering how to create a dynamic music system like in games such as Total Annihiliation or Supreme Commander where when no one is fighting, the music is peaceful. When a battle arises, it becomes fast paced and then slows down again when conflict stops.

Details:
I don't really want fast paced music to start as soon as one unit is killed but rather if like say 10+ casualties are sustained in a short period of time like 1 minute.

When a battle stops, the music fades away and the peaceful one needs to be restored

Level 3
simple. You just need to define the circumstances of what you would consider a "battle".

for instance:
  • Event
    • Unit - A unit enters (Region centered at (Position of (YourHero) with size (400.00, 400.00))
  • Conditions
    • Owner of (triggering unit) Equal to (Bag guys)
  • Actions
    • Play (BattleMusic)
also, you may fase the volume in with a seperate trigger initiated when this trigger is.
you will put it on a periodic event and titrate the volume up slowly from 0. when it reaches 100%, turn the trigger off.

I was wondering how to create a dynamic music system like in games such as Total Annihiliation or Supreme Commander where when no one is fighting, the music is peaceful. When a battle arises, it becomes fast paced and then slows down again when conflict stops.

Details:
I don't really want fast paced music to start as soon as one unit is killed but rather if like say 10+ casualties are sustained in a short period of time like 1 minute.

When a battle stops, the music fades away and the peaceful one needs to be restored

use the sound functions... when your desired amount of casualties is reached then stop all music then play the desired music, then when it is peaceful stop all music then play the desired music...

Status
Not open for further replies.