• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

How to Clear a Timer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
So i found this http://www.thehelper.net/threads/how-can-i-destroy-a-timer.89647/
and it is useless information for what i need. lol and what is this call RemoverTimer(udg_timer) it did nothing

I need to be able to clear a global Timer so i can reuse the variable again. Also pausing doesn't work like i would want either and if i destroy the Timer then that var no longer is usable.

Last edited:
Level 13
this is what im doing i have a timer that starts at 0sec game time

then if i wanna edit that timer length i do this

• Make Mass 5 mins Copy
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing -5min as An exact match
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
      • Countdown Timer - Pause Timer
      • Set Game_5minMass = True
      • Set i = (Time_Min x 60)
      • Set Int_A = (i + Time_Sec)
      • Set Temp_Integer = (300 - Int_A)
      • Countdown Timer - Start Timer as a One-shot timer that will expire in (Real(Temp_Integer)) seconds
then i have a trigger that has the event
  • Time - Timer expires
and it doesnt run when the extended timer runs but if i dont extend the timer it does run, so for some reason making a new timer to add to the length doesn't work.
I also tried it without pausing the timer first and same results.

Level 13
it depends when its done, it could be 0, 1, or 2
but that shouldnt matter because i just add it together in the end, the timer works right in the window it changes to the new higher value but when it reaches 0 that trigger doesnt run that has the event Time - Timer expires

Status
Not open for further replies.