• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[JASS] global timer?? exists? i need one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hi everyone. I'm Kind of new to JASS and have a problem

I'm creating a bull rush ability in which a trigger uses a timer (to accumulate damage as the hero runs)and another trigger destroys it (when someone gets in the way of the runner)

For that I need a global timer, not a local one. Is there a way to declare one?? I assume the variable type timer in the variable manager refers to countdown timer, but that's not what I need.

Thnx

Level 4
thnx poot, but i already know how to use timers ;) learned in the utorial posted in this forum about jass, pretty cool, i must say; learned in one day

i wanted a globl timer and just thought there could be one.

Think of the ability of shoting lots of magic missiles (from dummy units created every 0.05 secs) as long as no one hits you

You would need to make one trigger to activate the timer, and another one with the Unit attack event to destroy it. Then you would need a global timer, don't you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.