• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

how to change "rank" string?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
some units (e.g. priest, sorceress, shaman, necromancer, etc.) have a "rank" (initiand, adept, master), so that there stands (e.g.):
Master

i know how can i change that text to for example:
Jerk

but how do i change the actual "Rank" string, so that i change it to
Title:
Jerk
for example?

i didnt find the "rank" string inside the game interface

EDIT:

attachment.php

the red-circled text is the text i want to change

Attachments

• unit inferface.tga
    37.1 KB · Views: 203
Last edited:
Level 7
as i wrote in my post, i know how to change the strings "initiand", "adept", and "master"
but how do i change the string "rank: "?

Level 12
Hes right, its not in the game interface.

Add the attached .txt file to the base directory of your map with a MPQ Editor, you can replace the XXX in the file with the string you want.
Also delete the (attributes) file one time after you added the file to prevent possible bugs when opening the map.

Attachments

• war3mapSkin.txt
    28 bytes · Views: 77
Level 7
can you overwrite every string from for example GlobalStrings.fdf this way?

EDIT:
i tested it, it works <3
i found that string inside the GLobalStrings.fdf allready, but when i tried to overwrite the file by importing edited one again, nothing changed
guess it cant be overwritten

Level 12
can you overwrite every string from for example GlobalStrings.fdf this way?

Yes. But note that I found no GlobalString.fdf file yet which is complete, they all miss entries that can be found in the game interface in WE (e.g. the nolumber entry. If you find that in ANY file in the mpqs tell me).

The loading behaviour of Wc3 is very strange.
You might have noticed that when you added the war3mapSkin.txt file to your map the WE writes changes in the game interface there.
You also could take a look at the current DotAs war3mapSkin.txt file which uses other tags than [FrameDef].

EDIT: Actually I found the nolumber entry and many more, they are in the UI/CommandStrings.txt file!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.