• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to change Model Texture name?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I'm creating an Digimon map. I have a regular Agumon and a Agumon from Digimon Savers. I want to put both Digimon in the game, but the Texture for both of them is the same name. So, when I try to import them it says it already has it. I tried just renaming the texture, but then I used WC3 Model Editor and look at it, the model is all black with no texture.

So, how do you change the texture name of the model?

Level 14
1.Save the model as .mdl instead of .mdx with WC3 Model Editor
2.Open the .mdl model with notepad find the textures and change the names to what you want.
3.Save the model with notepad, open the .mdl model with WC3 Model Editor and save it as .mdx.

You can do it all on Wc3 model editor too...

Open model in Wc3 model editor [Magos],
open texture manager
click add texture then find the other agumon texture [if it has the same name as the original one, rename it first]
go to material manager then open each material, if it uses the original agumon texture replace it with the other one
delete the original agumon texture
save the model

Level 3
You can do it all on Wc3 model editor too...

Open model in Wc3 model editor [Magos],
open texture manager
click add texture then find the other agumon texture [if it has the same name as the original one, rename it first]
go to material manager then open each material, if it uses the original agumon texture replace it with the other one
delete the original agumon texture
save the model

Thanks. :thumbs_up:

Status
Not open for further replies.