• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to avoid the same abilities from activating when you activate another ability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I created a hero whose name is Kirin'thas the Metamorph... He has the ability to change into different elementals; Storm, Earth, Fire, and Darkness. Needless to say, his abilities are Earth Form, Fire Form, Lightning Form, and Dark Form... All of this custom abilities come from the ability Metamorphosis.... I set the level of Kirin'thas into his max level... But when I test him, I activate Lightning Form but all of the skills activated and Kirin'thas turns to Earth Form.... :goblin_jawdrop:

:fp: Please help...

Level 30
I created a hero whose name is Kirin'thas the Metamorph... He has the ability to change into different elementals; Storm, Earth, Fire, and Darkness. Needless to say, his abilities are Earth Form, Fire Form, Lightning Form, and Dark Form... All of this custom abilities come from the ability Metamorphosis.... I set the level of Kirin'thas into his max level... But when I test him, I activate Lightning Form but all of the skills activated and Kirin'thas turns to Earth Form.... :goblin_jawdrop:

:fp: Please help...

Never make an ability based on the same ability as they will conflict. Try basing them on different abilities!

Level 3
You mean duration?? Yeah... Both abilities last 30 seconds......

No.... It's like a solo map, his story is when he was experimented by the Kirin'tor in Dalaran... He was tested in a labyrinth, he must survive and get to the exit...

Level 12
Right, aZaZel, because you are using three abilities based off the same ability. The game doesn't know what ability you want it to use out of those three. There's no way around it other than basing each ability off of a seperate ability.

Ie
You know three people named "Stanley" But. You want to speak to one of them, so you yell out their name. All three stanleys turn around and try to speak to you, but you only want one. The game doesn't know what ability you want to use. You are calling "Metamorphosis" and so those three abilities are listed. But the game doesn't know which one of those three you are using, so it uses the first one listed instead.

Okay, for easy spell, make all abilities based on channel and modify the Spell ID.
After that, use this kind of trigger :
  • Test
  • Events :
  • Unit - a unit starts the effect of an ability
  • Condition :
  • Ability being cast equal to [your ability]
  • Action :
  • Replace Triggering unit to [transformation unit]
  • Set level of last replaced unit to level of triggering unit
  • Wait for [duration]
  • Replace last replaced unit to triggering unit
Several possible issue from my trigger :
-not MUI
-not MPI
-might bugs [especially the return part]
-level bugs [experience loss]

Note :
I don't use my Warcraft 3 because I'm away ATM, so I may mistake some commands

Level 20
Okay, for easy spell, make all abilities based on channel and modify the Spell ID.
  • Test
  • Events :
  • Condition :
  • Action :
  • Wait for [duration]
-not MUI
-not MPI

Note :
Pretty sure it is MUI cause of triggering unit.

Level 29
  • Test
  • Events :
  • Condition :
  • Action :
  • Wait for [duration]
-not MUI
-not MPI

Note :

this is not MUI only reason for that is it replaces a unit and that unit can get overwritten if casted again.

Level 3
^but mainly, level is bugged, I'm going to rework the trigger later...

@Azazel
Are you still checking this thread.

Yeah... Just now... We got a blackout here in my country yesterday.... Thanks for the tips.... :goblin_good_job:
:fp:Is Channel ability or a trigger....

So, even coder almost fall to Fake MUI trigger, you mean add a variable to the Replaced Unit right, lemme re-script the trigger....

EDIT :

Done, here's the new script, tell me if its leaky or not MUI nor MPI [I don't know if the author will have more than one unit use this ability, but I hear un MUI spells tend to be bugged], also, in case I might bug the experience gain as well....

• Test
  • Events :
  • Condition :
  • Action :
  • Set Temp_Unit = last replaced unit
  • Set level of Temp_Unit to level of triggering unit
  • Wait for [duration]
  • Replace Temp_Unit to triggering unit
  • Set level of Temp_Unit to level of triggering unit

Last edited:
Level 30
Because I'm not really used to triggers, what does MUI stands for.... :vw_wtf:
:goblin_yeah:

MUI or for long term is Multi Unit Instanceability.

• When triggered ability can be cast by multiple units at same time without ability malfunctioning. As a note MPI means Multi-Player Instanceability.

To give more info when you make a trigger, it will not bug or cause inconvinience even if two units or players are using or running it.

Status
Not open for further replies.