• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

How to alpha with PSP 9... NOT OTHER PROGRAMS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
ok i know lots of ppl ask and lots of ppl answer and so far i havent had anything useful... does anybody know how to alpha using psp 9? (it said psp 9 was new when i dl'd it today)

also dont say its probrably in your layers box cause that wont help... i know how to get to the alpha layer i just dont know how to paint alpha on it :evil: :twisted: :evil:

well i dont know if psp 9 is simialr to 8 as in the difficulties of it, but try this anyways.
load up the image
layers>load/save mask>load from alpha channel, and click ok
edit it however you wish. set the brush to white, and edit out the part, etc.
when youre done, make sure both the alpha channel and the raster are upside down from when you excracted them. do this by (making sure that group 1 is selected) pressing ctrl + i
again, make sure that the image and alpha channel is upside down (you'll be able to tell with most units).
so go and select the alpha layer on the layer pallete and go layers>load/save mask>save mask to alpha channel.
save it as Alpha Channel 1 this will overwrite the original alpha channel. click yes.
then press ctrl + s to save your skin. (is it upside down? make sure it is)

the reason i have you invert it is cause somehow, wc3v converts blps from psp8 unside down. dont ask me why, but ive figured it out after a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.