• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

need help w/ removing team colors in psp8

Status
Not open for further replies.
i need to know how i can remove team colors in psp 8, i keep trying all this stuff with the masks but personally i have no idea what i am doing. the problem is that on any other thread i see about alphaing, the response is always has to do with the alpha channel, i see no selection of the alpha channel in this version, only mask layers, unless they are the same. the only other way i see how to get rid of a team color is to save it as a bmp, but then it turns out like this...
ss0000coorupt.jpg

also i tries to alpha out those annoying spots but nothing happened, just white spots occures on it, this is what i tried to do in psp8
layer.jpg

in other words, how can i get rid of the team color without having to do al this crap by redoing it as a bmp, and then having to alpha out those spots which i dont know how to do.

yes, but wht do i do to the channel or mask before i just spray over it with white, and i relaize that its different since i am using psp8.
when i saved the skin as a tga it looked like this
alpha2.jpg

i want it to look like this(saved as a bmp)

alpha1.jpg

btw wont a 24 bit targa make all of the alpha channels corrupt?
the 2 pictures have the same exact skin, but 1 is saved as a 32bit tga, and the other is saved as a bmp.
the big problem i have is that although i edited over the team color bands on the skin, the team color band still shows up.

Status
Not open for further replies.