• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to Allow Death Coil based Spells to Hit Undead?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I made a few spells based on Death Coil and they are not able to hit any enemy undead units. I would hate to have to redo all these spells and the enemy units in my map are mostly undead. How can I allow Death Coil to hit enemy undead?

Level 33
Death Coil and Holy Light is based on a same concept, that will deal/heal damage depending on the unit's type
However, you can manipulate the target spell, by unticking the box of Unit Type of "Undead"
This will simply remove the unit from being heal by Death Coil.

Level 4
The fact that Holy Light and Death Coil can damage/heal depending on if the target is undead or living is a game mechanic that cannot be changed, for this reason using those skills as base abilities is generally a bad idea.

In other words, there is no way that I know to make death coil damage undead.

Bannar

Code Reviewer
Level 26
In other words, there is no way that I know to make death coil damage undead.
This was subject of thread many times. DC is hardcoded so truly, you can do nothing to damage undead with it.

Unfortunately, Miles111 you probably are forced to revamp whole ability section.
You can also make sure that all the enemies aren't undead in thier types.. haha.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.