• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] How to add attributes to an ability?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
You must find abilities that has the attributes you wanted, make a dummy, add the abilities to that dummy and make a trigger that create a dummy when a unit cast Unholy Frenzy, order the dummy to cast the abilities to the target.

Level 30
Make a trigger and in the Event: A unit starts the effect of an Ability then at your Condition: (Ability being Cast) equal to >Ability< and lastly for the actions, add:

• a customized ability of the Item Movementspeed ability to the Casting Unit or Triggering Unit would do just fine
  • a customized ability of Item Mana Regeneration ability with your desired amount of values to the Casting Unit or Triggering Unit would do fine as well
  • a customized ability of Item Armor Bonus but with negative values to the Triggering unit or casting unit.

then set up a timer with an amount depending on the duration of the Unholy Frenzy ability. If the timer ends, remove the abilties you've just added.

The trigger would look like this:
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to >Your main spell here<
    • Actions
      • Unit - Add >Ability 1 - a negative Item Armor Bonus ability here< to (Triggering unit)
      • Unit - Add >Ability 2 - an Item Movespeed Bonus ability here< Bonus to (Triggering unit)
      • Unit - Add >Ability 3 - a Mana Regeneration ability here< Bonus to (Triggering unit)
Just add the timers that I have suggested then when the timer ends, remove abilities. Also, to make the trigger much more better, anything that is repeated such as Triggering Unit should be stored in a variable.

Level 13
Make a trigger and in the Event: A unit starts the effect of an Ability then at your Condition: (Ability being Cast) equal to >Ability< and lastly for the actions, add:

• a customized ability of the Item Movementspeed ability to the Casting Unit or Triggering Unit would do just fine
  • a customized ability of Item Mana Regeneration ability with your desired amount of values to the Casting Unit or Triggering Unit would do fine as well
  • a customized ability of Item Armor Bonus but with negative values to the Triggering unit or casting unit.

then set up a timer with an amount depending on the duration of the Unholy Frenzy ability. If the timer ends, remove the abilties you've just added.

The trigger would look like this:
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to >Your main spell here<
    • Actions
      • Unit - Add >Ability 1 - a negative Item Armor Bonus ability here< to (Triggering unit)
      • Unit - Add >Ability 2 - an Item Movespeed Bonus ability here< Bonus to (Triggering unit)
      • Unit - Add >Ability 3 - a Mana Regeneration ability here< Bonus to (Triggering unit)
Just add the timers that I have suggested then when the timer ends, remove abilities. Also, to make the trigger much more better, anything that is repeated such as Triggering Unit should be stored in a variable.
awesome. thank you. I have two more questions, of sorts:
1)I can't find any ability that strictly reduces armor. There are items that strictly increase armor, but I can find nothing that reduces it - and the ones that increase armor wont let me enter a negative value..
2) Also, how do I deal with cancellation? I.e. if unholy frenzy is dispelled?

Level 1
Go to "File" then "Preferences" then tick "Allow negative real values in the Object Editor".
Alternatively you can press "Shift" then select the value and now you can use negative values.
Use "Devotion aura" with a negative value to reduce armor, but, remember to create a new buff for it, and in that buff you have to add the red colour to show it is bad, otherwise, it will look like if it is a good buff.
Add this red colour to your buff description: |c00FF0000|r.
Write before the second line to make it red |c00FF0000This unit is in Frenzy; your armor has been reduced but your life regeneration and mana regeneration are increased|r

Status
Not open for further replies.