• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[JASS] How to add ability to hero in learnable list

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I have a big trouble.
When I use trigger "Unit - Add Ability" and give ability for hero, he gets this ability with level 1, and can't increase it with levelup, but in object manager this ability has 7 levels and this ability for hero.

How I can add ability, which will not learned after adding.
I need that when hero gets this ability, this ability will in list for learn.
I need that after adding player can press "Red Cross" and learn this ability.

P.S. Sry for my english ;) I know it bad.

Level 3
The closest you come to achieving this effect is to give the hero the ability in the object editor, and then disable the ability for the player owning that hero.
When you want the ability to become available for learning, you can enable it for the player owning the hero again.
The obvious downside of this is that you can't add an infinite amount of hero abilities in the object editor, but in some cases it will do. And of course, if a player has more than one hero with the ability in question, you have to enable it for both heroes at once.

Level 1
I'm not sure about this, but i think what you need is the hero ability system from the map ''Heroes and Empires'' where they (as far as i know) use a spellbook instead of the hero learning cross.

Status
Not open for further replies.