• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How much should I sell my SNES for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Alright, I'm selling a Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES) that is in excellent condition, plus a lot of games and accessories for it. Is anyone interested? I've looked on Amazon, and the lowest price for a used system alone is about $40. Some of the games I have for it are extremely rare (such as MechWarrior) and worth $50+. I'm thinking about selling it for about $500 or more, but the price is negotiable and I haven't settled on a price yet.

This includes:
-SNES system
-cords and cables
-2 controllers
-1 mouse
-Game Saver
-Game Genie
-16 games
--Alien 3
--MechWarrior
--NHLPA Hockey 93
--Civilization
--Operation Logic Bomb
--Super Star Wars
--Super The Empire Strikes Back
--Super Return of the Jedi
--Mega Man X
--NBA All-Star Challenge
--NHL Stanley Cup
--John Madden Football
--Boogerman
--The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
--Donkey Kong Country

Level 4
Actually, many hivers are gamers, so he's asking for an opinion. Being rare and in good condition with a lots of good games, an old game system tends to have an enormous price. If you're putting it up on amazon, set the price to 1000, you won't regret it.

I set it to $650.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
SNES is too numerous and still too new to be worth shit.
Forther more, most good games were ported to the wii and other consoles further lowering its value.

Overall rare (hard to obtain) games will probably sell for more than the actual console but still due to the numbers involved do not expect good prices.

If that was a NES, then 200-400 dollars might be possible. I am afraid your probably looking at 200 if you find someone desparate for one, otherwise 100.

Since emulators are perfect and nearly every game is available for them, this keeps the value low. NES sells for more due to fewer consoles existing and that it's games are often so rare, no downloadable version exists.

Level 12
If you want a price people would be willing to pay, put it on Ebay and see how high it gets, and pull it off a day before. I did that with an older pair of sunglasses I was told were considered rare. I was going to make 200+ dollars on them too.

Level 45
If you want a price people would be willing to pay, put it on Ebay and see how high it gets, and pull it off a day before. I did that with an older pair of sunglasses I was told were considered rare. I was going to make 200+ dollars on them too.

Yeah...because pulling them off ebay for this purpose totally isnt against its policies eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.