• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How do you think of the resources here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I myself cannot believe how much resources are in this site. A few of them are very nice but the other 70% of the resources submitted, are complete ****.

Take a look at the skins section, tell me how many skins are recolors/cnp... then tell me how many put absolutly no effort into making the skins

Now look at icons, 60% are cnp, pasted from card games such as mtg, and are very pixely.

Models are somewhat ok, but there are some that dont belong or are completly useless, like that footman thing everyone flamed about

there are very few maps which i download, the spells are great but half of them are done by darky and the other by vexorian

All I have to say is keep track on which items should be deleted, and which should stay... It would...
1. give the people who signed up for mod something to do
2. remove the very unwanted and least downloaded items
3. save space

Im sorry for any flames and what not, but Im really tired of going thru page after page of complete crap just to find something

Now, tell me how do you feel on our resources submitted to this site?

Level 7
i don't that ressources should be deleted, because any1 could need them (weak argument, i know :p ). wc3sear.ch is one of the best warcraft-sites, because of the quality of the ressources.

Level 1
ok fine i was a tad harsh, i was pissed tho
but anyways... (i can skin, better or worse i dunno, modeling's my specialty)

'anyone' could use them but would they? of the 200mb+ worth of stuff here im sure theyd find something better tho, i mean sure its nice they did something but at least put effort into it, no ones gonna use a skin if theres already a better one out there

Egg

Egg

Level 1
I can skin and im definatly in the position to say that hes compleatly right about the skins and icons.
Its #1 but have u seen the competition. Wcwarehouse was #6 at one point then was #9 and has practically nothing on it as of now. When theres no competition ur always #1. Theres too much crap and people calling it crap. I shouldnt be able to find a Icon made from a pic of sublime. Im sick of the so called artist taht use MS paint to do a skin. Ill just qute what i said b4

"darky believes that everyone should have a equal choice at submitting. Ya thats understandable. But when giveing everyone a chance means I have to scroll through PAGES of crap Downloads(at a slow pace even on DSL). Its not fun looking for that one gem in a sea of crap. "

Level 22
Despite the low quality of SOME of the submitted items, I find this site to be above all others. It is better then warcraftIII.net because there are no download restrictions, is not constantly flooded with immaturity and lack of moderation, and has a much more in-deph browsing feature. Even though War3search only has about 20% the map collection of warcarftIII.net, the mapping community here is much more tight and willing to help, making for a much better cohesive community and isnt prone to endless flaming and the ever-so-common "uR map SuX" comments.
This site, by far, has the best selection of models and skins then any other site. I find absolutely no means of criticizing this site. And also, I will never cirticize someone's work unless I think I could do better and that I could help the subject person with pointers or advice. I don't see any skins under your rescourse, so how can you complain about the skins??
(although I woudnt cry if there was at least some sort of minumum standard, to prevent people from submitting blank maps that dont even have a name or an author...those are the only things that bug me...)
You meantion about searching through a sea to find the gem, my suggestion would be to search by author, not by map type, then. People who've made great maps typically have made OTHER great maps.
-VGsatomi

But to answer you question: I LOVE the resources here!

Level 1
some low quality?

why dont u get up, go to the icons section, and scroll through ALL the pages, THEN tell me if you would download at least HALF of them

sure darky wants everyone to have a chance, but if he wants to spare 1 person's feelings hes gonna angry about 10 other people...

(I dont do skins as much but i know hell lottabout them, and i model, but i also work with sansui, maybe you should check out some stuff in wc3c and youll find me)

Edit: ok ok, i look at the 2 new icons, the first one LOOKS like a recolor, and the second one is a mspaint muffin... youd download these right? because they are good?
BTNmuffin.jpg

Level 7
Shadow said:
ok ok, i look at the 2 new icons, the first one LOOKS like a recolor, and the second one is a mspaint muffin... youd download these right? because they are good?

ok, point for u :wink: . most icons aren't that good. but skins, models and spells could all be needed, except from such crap like Abovethedead's (thx darky, he is banned).

Level 1
just 1 more thing...

from sopho's post, i just realized, go into the icons, find how many diablo 2 icons are in there

go to skins, find how many recolors and minor changes

go to models, find how many are just different skins and minor changes

go to maps, find how many are those generic tower defenses, aos, rpgs, and mini-games

Level 22
To argue all of that::: Is it not better to have too much then too little?

You ever wondered why there are Diablo 2 icons in the icon section? Could it be that people commonly make Diablo 2 maps?? Of course there's CnP, you expect everything to be hand drawn, every model to be built from scretch and every map to be like it was handed down from god himself? Not everyone has the skill to do those sort of things, face it.

LOL if anyone ever needed a muffin icon, I guess they know where they can go :) . As for maps, when you played the same AoS half a dozen times, you are ready for somthing new. Are you saying we should limit this site to just the most popular maps and say 'to heck with' the other rising mapmakers? Different maps of the same genre have different themes, objectives, stories and strategies, and that's what adds the spice to mapmaking. You download something and you'll never know what you'll be suprised with...
-VGsatomi

Status
Not open for further replies.