• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How do you make different colors at Hive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I've seen a lot of people here at the hive with either giant letters, or different color letters, and I was just wondering....How do you do that? I know this is probably a noob question, but I don't know. So if anyone could give me a hand, I would appreciate it. Thanks
thesandwraith

Level 32
To create colors and other text effects, use the site's vBulletin message editor.
  1. First, access your UserCP > Edit Options > Miscellaneous Options

• Be sure your option is set to: Standard Editor - Extra Formatting Controls

2. Use the tools availabe in the editor panel:
    • bold.gif
      Bold text

• color.gif
      Colored text

• underline.gif
      Underlined text

• A pull-down menu is available for text sizes.

3. Use the other tools to insert images, hyperlinks or other vBulletin tags.

Level 32
The rule was actually removed at some point. Wolverabid did it, I think.
Actually it was Ralle himself:
The color rule is no more.

That is because you are a commie, and like all other commies, you must die.
That's not very helpful, friendly or on-topic. I suggest that you edit if before someone reports it.

[rainbow]Speaking of colors, Ralle implemented a new vBulletin tag: the rainbow![/rainbow]

Just use [rainbow]When moused-over, the text will come to life in rainbow colors![/rainbow]

[rainbow]When moused-over, the text will come to life in rainbow colors! [/rainbow]

Level 24
[RAINBOW]Ah. I'd the rainbow tag earlier after hearing about it in the chat room. I thought it would just make the text rainbow coloured.[/RAINBOW]

Level 32
No you weren't on drugs donut: the effect is real. The rainbow.js file that produces the rainbow effect is one I've long used on my own site.

It's free and is available at: Dynamic Drive > Links & Tooltips > Rainbow Links script

It was easy for me to implement the script on the chat room information page.

[rainbow]It took the Hive's Chieftain almost no time to adapt the script to work in the vBulletin forum environment and apply it to text instead of hyperlinks: enjoy![/rainbow]

Status
Not open for further replies.