• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

How Do You Let A Player See The Whole Map?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Erm... I really hope this is in the correct section, but I've been trying to use GUI triggers to make it so that when a certain Unit (Classified as Summoned, Ward) for 5 Seconds (Before it's summoned duration is over) and during that 5 Seconds, the player summoning it can see the whole map, then go back to normal view again. Also, there are two Players which have the same unit so I'm kind of looking for a way to do it for individual players. Reputation will be given, thanks in advance!

Level 15
You could set it up like this using a trigger (and then set a corresponding trigger for when the timer ends and disable the visibility modifier):

• Visibility Enabled
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters (Playable map area)
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Entering unit)) Equal to Healing Ward
    • Actions
      • Visibility - Create an initially Enabled visibility modifier for (Owner of (Entering unit)) emitting Visibility across (Playable map area)
      • Countdown Timer - Start visibility_timer[(Player number of (Owner of (Entering unit)))] as a One-shot timer that will expire in 5.00 seconds
Also have you tried setting the Stats - Sight Radius of the ward to max in the object editor?

Giving Infinite sight range can do job or:
  • Visibility - Create an initially Enabled visibility modifier for (Owner of (Entering unit)) emitting Visibility across (Playable map area)
Ward duration can be edited in spell! Or with:
  • Unit - Add a 5.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)

Level 33
What the hell...
I told you to create a test map that shows ONLY the usage of "Stats - Sight Radius (Day) and (Night)" not the problem solution to this thread lol...
You said "SHIFT" can solve the problem of going beyond max sight isn't it ?
Prove it, by only changing (SHIFT-ing) the Sight Radius (Day/Night) fields in Object Editor, thank you =D
(I'm doing this cause' I know, the Sight Radius is HARD-CODED engine in Warcraft III and cannot be changed)

What the hell...
I told you to create a test map that shows ONLY the usage of "Stats - Sight Radius (Day) and (Night)" not the problem solution to this thread lol...
You said "SHIFT" can solve the problem of going beyond max sight isn't it ?
Prove it, by only changing (SHIFT-ing) the Sight Radius (Day/Night) fields in Object Editor, thank you =D
(I'm doing this cause' I know, the Sight Radius is HARD-CODED engine in Warcraft III and cannot be changed)
Ahahah I was joking with ya!
But I created triggers that can help, all you need to do is to add them into your spell :grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.