• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How do you folks stay interested in a project?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 33
A good leader will turn a project into a playground

All you need is a good leader that keeps you motivated, and doing some creative activities.
There are no things more important than team bonding between team members.

Level 21
Sometimes it's good to have small sideprojects, while still keeping in mind that they are not the main goal.
I get frustrated when I have to work too much on the same thing, so it's relaxing to be able to do something without having to worry about whether it's "good".
I guess this is what the previous poster meant by saying, that a good leader turns any project into a playground.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Have a theme which truly interests you.

Concentrate on triggers first, not object data.

Make friends on bnet with who you can test your map when it's in development.

Ask for help with a trigger on WEHZ, if you face an impassable obstacle.

Have internet browser on half of your screen, WE on other half.

Watch a lot of entertainment on internet browser while developing.

Don't develop when hungry, grab a microwaveable pizza or something.

When feeling like it, go outside for sometime (at least 20 mins), it makes you feel motivated.

If there's tv in your room, have it open. Mute it when not interested in it, unmute when you wanna quickly relax.

Don't use time schedules for developing.

Don't load your map full with custom resources before it's ready.

Get the first version out asap.

Status
Not open for further replies.