• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How do you cnp while skinning?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
I use clone stamp tool on adobe to CnP, it's the best way i think.

I never use GIMP, but if it has select tool, you can use it to select several part that you CnP from. Then, copy paste it to new layer, order the new layer at the top of background layer, set the right position, and merge then. Finally, smudge some part to disguess the CnP part.

Level 4
soulbad said:
Ok i have heard of skinning but i can only draw it by hand, i think maybe some of my skins would look a little better if i knew how to cnp. Could some one show me how to do it or if there is a tutorial i have the gimp 2.

Never ever use cnp.. trust me, I´ve never seen a skin that looked good with the help of cnp.. Stick with drawing freehand, and you will get better eventually..

Use google for reference, look around you IRL, observe the original blizzard skins.. this will make you a better skinner, not using crappy cnp.

Status
Not open for further replies.