• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

how do you add an animation to evasion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
can you add the mirror image animation to evasion so that everytime evasion goes off the unit does the mirror image effect?
Variant 1: Find skill Hardened Skin (Mountain Giant passive) and set abosrb 99999 damage with minimal damage to 0. set, then set chance and fill field of special effects by mirror image effect. in this case you wouldn't get a message "miss"
Variant 2: Triggerring evasion, but it requires damage detect systems and change all abilities to triggering (very hard for unexperienced users)

Level 8
Variant 1: Find skill Hardened Skin (Mountain Giant passive) and set abosrb 99999 damage with minimal damage to 0. set, then set chance and fill field of special effects by mirror image effect. in this case you wouldn't get a message "miss"
Variant 2: Triggerring evasion, but it requires damage detect systems and change all abilities to triggering (very hard for unexperienced users)
if you where to do it through a trigger would it be something along the lines of an integer variable between 1 and 100 and everytime the unit takes damage the trigger creates a random number and if the number is greater than 25 then it would do something else, i am not sure how to trigger evasion unless it is more simple than i thought and you just cast evasion on the triggering unit.

Level 11
if you where to do it through a trigger would it be something along the lines of an integer variable between 1 and 100 and everytime the unit takes damage the trigger creates a random number and if the number is greater than 25 then it would do something else, i am not sure how to trigger evasion unless it is more simple than i thought and you just cast evasion on the triggering unit.
It's possible to do, however you had to do triggering abilities. for example to cast shockwave you casts a dummy ability which summons dummy unit which cast the real shockwave etc. Plus Mana Shield and other absorb abilities like Banshee shield also ignore Evasion. Anyway search for the proper thread. I think there is a genius who made a template to detect evasion event.

Status
Not open for further replies.