• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How do u modify existing WC3 models?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I can't figure out how to just modify the skins of models already made on Warcraft 3. I know how to convert the picture's format, I know how to extract the skins, and how to make the modifications, but I don't know how to put them onto the models. Plz help me.

Level 2
Where do I get this Magos program? I have Warcraft 3 Model Editor, will that work?

never mind about that question (the one about the magos it is what I have) lol

There is no option for that!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 9
Ok, you said you know how to extract the skins, correct?

When you extract the skins from the MPQ (assuming you're using Warcraft III Viewer), go to the Models tab of that same menu. Find the model that matches the skin you just exported, and click on it.

Click CTRL+M for the textures to pop up.
There should be a texture or few textures listed.

You want to find the path of the texture that has the same name as the skin you exported.

Once you have that path, import the skin into the World Editor. Double click on that texture and check "Custom Path" box at the bottom. Paste in the new path, click ok, and it should be good to go!

Ask if you have any specific questions on a certain skin because that would be easier to detail instructions : )
Good luck,
electricsaiyan

Status
Not open for further replies.