• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How do I attach Weapons?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I know how to remove weapons from models, but I don't know how to attach a different weapon in its place. Or in other words; I want to switch weapons with two models. I'm not sure how to do that and couldn't find a specific tutorial on it. I would appreciate if anyone could help me? By the way, I am using Vertex modifier, file converter, geoset merger and model editor. Any other tools required?

Level 2
Get the model of the weapon you want to add to your unit and import it into your map. Then make custom ability of ´´item armor +1´´ then search for something like ´´attached model´´ or something and put the weapon you want into that slot. Then somewhere under it is attachment point. Put there ´´hand´´ and ´´left´´ or ´´right´´ depending on which hand you want to put it in. You can disable and enable abilites by tiggers. This way you can change the weapons they are wielding.

Status
Not open for further replies.