• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How do i set my speaker in Sound option?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Yeah...that's my problem^^
My speaker is working properly also set in control panel....but, when i opened my wc3, it says Sound Disabled...and wc3 option can't read my speaker.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
It is impossible, WC3 does not support detecting speakers as it is a game not some advanced physics client. Additionally your computer hardware hadly makes it easier to detect speakers due to the lack of feedback meaning it could only be detected via changes in the hardware response (advanced electronic engineering stuff PHD guys make). The loudspeaker jack only has 3 cables, Lspeaker, Rspeaker and ground (sound is generated by amplifying the ground difference for each channel and then sending it through speakers against the ground level. Additionally you might have subwoofers or flank speakers attached meaning that it will have to detect multiple speaker systems (even harder but each works like your LR speakers).

You must mean... "Why does WC3 not recognize my sound card / hardware". Posting more information on what soundcard you are using would help (for the main speakers). Usually this is intigrated sound which is the only sound output DX10 or newer games support but if you are using an expensive sound card this may be different. Additionally if you are using an expensive sound card it may not be supported by WC3 (as they usually are not) so try using your intigrated motherboard sound to run WC3 sound (changing the plugs from the card to your motherboard). If you are using modern graphic cards to provide sound through HDMI to a TV, this may be unsupported by WC3.

Under WC3 main options you should have a variety of sound devices to choose from a drop down list. Make sure sound is enabled and the bar is full right (max volume) and try checking each and every sound device to see if one works. Especially if you are using sound cards, graphic cards with sound support or additional sound outputs it is completly possible that WC3 defaulted to the wrong hardware. We really need more information about your sound hardware to further help.

Level 4
My speaker is Realtek and other speakers shown.
here's the screenie:

1zdtahg.jpg

is there file that can we replaced?

Level 14
That background shown with his options is funny. It does not look like the TFT background I get when editing my options from start.

This also looked pretty suspicious to me. He's got the Campaign Background for the first (Night Elf) campaign in TFT.

Therefore, there's definitely something odd with his installation of the game.

EDIT: I also noticed that it's running in windowed mode. Looks like some modding has been going on here, which if anything is probably the cause of this problem.

Level 9
Well, window mode is NOT AT ALL anyting close to even modding, just change the shortcut to the original file path + -window, and im pretty sure that you can find the image in the wc3 folder and change it in some way, that could have caused the problem but i think i know whats wrong, if i can see the real picture of the ERROR.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
I would advise contacting Blizzard technical support, I believe this is beyond the people at this site as we do not know exactly how WC3 audio works.

Just make sure that other games have sound, the number of times I have had people saying their sound was broken when they accidently muted it is countless.

Status
Not open for further replies.