• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How do I make units go from one map to another?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I was wondering, how do you make units go from one map to another and be able to go back? Like in the Rexxar Campaign. Im confused :sad:

Level 13
Day-Elven, he's talking about normal units like beastmaster. that's what rexxar is. please play the campaign that comes with the game. he's talking about when you make a campaign style map like the rexxar campaign you have a set of maps that the player can move around on. so there are entrances and exits for the maps from one map to another right? and so how do those work? that's what Grantclan is asking.

assuming you kinda know what you're talking about, day-elven, do you mean file to import strings? if so your answer is just the tip of the real answer and not the whole thing. and even then, it's given wrong.

anyway...i think you need to go to the campaign settings. but i'm guessing you know that already! i haven't tried but i'm sure the solution is within there, the module campaign editor (F7)

Level 12
Game - Set next level = MapPath.w3x
Game - Victory Player X, hide dialogues, hide scorescreen.

Also, I suggest using variables for his ability levels and his own level and create another rexxar while giving him the values using them. About transferring specific units - I don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.