• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Trigger] How do i make this spell....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Okay so i was thinking of a spell that damages an area...
A giant glaive rises from ground to 1500 elevation for 3 seconds.
Then as the glaive rises, there is a dummy from where it came from casting Fan of Knives but instead of knives, it would be Huntress projectiles.

So my problem:
-i can't make the big glaive rise. it just stays there
-i don't know how to make projectiles go to a point only with no target, like the random knives in Fan of Knives.

This is a skill for a map i'm making and it's the only thing i haven't figured out yet so far.

Level 12
1: You need to add and remove crow form for that to work.
2: Base your dummy unit off the mortar team and change the projectiles ect ect. Now, you need to create a loop for however many projectiles you want to hit the ground. Create the unit, and get a random point nearby. Then force that unit to attack it using the action Issue Order Targeting Point. Change the fields. Then scroll up in the
Move To part until you see Attack Ground. Set it to the random point.

If you dont get it, pull the spell and units out of your map (or post the map) and I can add in a the things you need.

Level 2
I've somehow managed to make the spell.
I've already made 4 glaives pop out and a big one that goes up.
I'm gonna add 4 more glaive launchers if i muster up enough strength. :/
problem:
-how do i remove the life bar on the big glaive?

I'll attach the map.
Coolty, work your magic^^

Attachments

• spell_glaives.w3x
    18.1 KB · Views: 45
Level 12
Here ya be, I shortend your code down, and set it to 8 glaive throwers. If you want to change how many they make each, jsut change the experation timer in the loop to something like .1 I also added Locust to your big glaive, removed a wait, shortend a wait, and removed the killing of the units to experation timers. Also removed an effect leak.

Have fun with it.
View attachment spell_glaives[1].w3x

~Coolty44

Status
Not open for further replies.