• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How do I make buildable walls (horizontal, vertical and diagonal)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi everyone,
I would like to have a worker build different walls and gates.
Unfortunately, I can't quite cope with it so far. It would be desirable, e.g. in the maps Infection_Attack or Zombie_Defense.

I would like the walls and gates to be buildable at least horizontally and vertically. Possibly also diagonally for the walls, but that would not be important.
Although I manage to create the walls in all the desired directions (pathing) but they are all vertical (optically). The next question is how do I make the gates passable, i.e. open and close.

wall_vertical.jpg
wall_horizontal.jpg

Can someone help me there?
Thank you so far.

Level 21
Although I manage to create the walls in all the desired directions (pathing) but they are all vertical (optically)
you could just upload a rotated version of the model and use that for the horizontal wall.

The next question is how do I make the gates passable, i.e. open and close.
one way to do this: use the gate doodads that can already do this. to make them buildable - create a dummy gate building - whenever a gate building finishes being constructed, remove it and create an identical gate doodad in it's place.

you might need to work a little more if you want this to behave like an owned building and not like a neutral doodad. maybe hide the dummy unit rather than removing it and check for a gate doodad occupying the same space or something....

Status
Not open for further replies.