• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

how do I make a new working MPQ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
alright, I want to do a map or number of with new models and whatnot but not have to import all that stuff into a number of map files. so what I have in mind is a new MPQ file that warcraft3 and world edit will see and hopefully not mess with any of the other files that come with the program.

I can make an MPQ file myself but how would I make it work so I can use the new files within it?

Level 7
Use an MPQ tool, like MPQMaster. then add all necessary foldiers & files to your MPQ..

To use the files inside the MPQ to your map, follow the example below.. Icant provide a full explanation but atleast youll get this..

If the file is a specific model, you must memorize it's path. Go to Object Editor and set that path as the model for a unit..

Example: If you have put a Peasant model in that MPQ, and is put in the MyModels folder, this should be the path: MyModels\CornyPeasant.mdx.

And if a file is put in a subfolder or more subf's, like this: MyModels\Units\HumanModels\CornyPeasant.mdx, then THAT should be the path to use, if you are to use the file into Warcraft III:infl_thumbs_up:

Level 4
thanks for the help, but its still not working. also I'm a mac user so some programs loaded up here won't work, I'm still able to make an MPQ archive but its like it doesn't know its there even when putting in the right path.

its like I have to modify the program itself or make some kind of self made patch but I don't know how to do that.

any other ideas that i might be missing?

Status
Not open for further replies.