• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

How do I edit the collision size of my unit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I am currently making a map, and I want to change one of my units in it.

Due to the power of the unit, my plan was to make it huge so it couldn't fit in the narrow rivers and streams in the map (therefore confining it to the large lakes).

I have tried increasing the collision size in the object editor, but it never seems to work. In one of my feeble attempts, I set the collision size to a huge number, but all that happened was the unit would keep going into the small rivers and could be attack by melee units on the other side of the map.

My only guess is that it has to do with the movement type of float, but I can't change that because it is a boat.

Level 3
But if I put pathing blockers then no units can go into the small areas.

Also, it would be a pain to post the map up because it does not help the other people who may have this problem (I tried searching before posting this).

Level 14
Have you tried giving it a pathing map like a building? I don't know if that would help, but it does for buildings, so maybe.

yes, try pathing map, that will probably work ;)

I screwed alot with pathing maps for a map with the same problem...
lets say you have a huge unit with 5.0 scaling value and a lot of collision...
if you give him the pathing map of a plant he can still go to places where a plant can ;)

Level 3
Alright, here's how it went:

Pathing maps can't be used, as they only go on buildings and buildings can't move (regardless of movement type and other settings).

cookies4you's post was reported for spam (read the OP before you post *****)...

But Ham Ham's idea with pathing blockers saved the day :D

I just put ground pathing blockers in the water and made the small ships have collision size 15. Amazingly it worked!

Thanks a lot guys :)

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Angry
Reactions: Rui
Status
Not open for further replies.