• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] How do I check if an item (tome) is being bought from a shop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi, I'm trying to find a function for the event when a hero purchases a tome from a shop.
I tried "Unit - A unit Sells an item (from shop)" and "Unit - A unit Uses an item", but both didn't work.
I doubt the other two (unit pawns/acquires item) would work.
The only issue I could think of is that whenever you buy a tome, it automatically uses it so the trigger wouldn't "detect" the tome being in your inventory.
Would be great if anyone has an idea!

Edit: I think the conditions may be an issue too.
I used the conditions "(Item-class of (Sold Item)) Equal to Powerup" and "((Triggering unit) is in UserHeroes) Equal to True"

For the latter, I was hoping to differentiate between AI heroes buying the tomes from User/Player controlled heroes buying them.

Last edited:
Level 12
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit Acquires an item
  • Conditions
    • (Item-class of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Powerup
I use this in my own project and it works. The item is still acquired even tho it is used and does not require inventory slot.

• If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
    • If - Conditions
      • Whatever you need here, check for AIPlayer // then do whatever

Level 2
Thanks, it works! Turns out the AIHero check condition was the issue, I'm still not sure why the variable comparison doesn't work, but that belongs to another thread.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.