1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

How do i change the Birth anamations?

Discussion in 'World Editor Help Zone' started by tyeeeee1, May 16, 2008.

1. tyeeeee1

tyeeeee1

Resources:
    Resources:
    I was looking around in the models section when i found a new building anamation but i cant figure out how to make certian buildings use it.:hohum::confused:

2. Xeridanus

Xeridanus

Resources:
    Resources:
    I think this is what you mean:

In the trigger editor, go new action, scroll down a little (it's close to the top) you will have a heap of 'animation' actions to choose from. some of them use animation tags, others use animation modes. 'stand' is a mode, 'work' is a tag. then, depending on which one it is and the effect you want, you pick the appropriate trigger. if you add a tag, you will have to remove it using another trigger. if you change it's mode, it will stay in that mode till something causes it to change it's mode. telling it to play it's death animation will cause it to do so until it moves or attacks or whatever. I'm sure you can figure the rest out.

3. Borax

Borax

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    You can also edit the model of building - it is quite easy.

For example, I want to add this birth animation to the Necropolis instead the original green one.
    [​IMG]

First open the building you want to edit in Model Editor (it must be struture based on undead or night elf, with human or orc it is noc functional).
    Show Node Manager (menu-Windows-Node Manager). You will see something like this:
    [​IMG]

Double clik on the Bith Link (in the circle). Rewrite the path with the model of your new birth animation and confirm.
    [​IMG]

Save and import this edited model and the birth animation in the map and enjoy.
    [​IMG]

You can try attached models, import both of them into path "war3mapImported" (standart path)

Attached Files:

4. tyeeeee1

tyeeeee1

Resources:
    Resources:
    Lol thats why it wouldent work all my building's base building is human...

5. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Animations are not easilly transferable from one model to another unless they are based on the same model design.
    Linking to the recource in question with the animation you want and the buildings you want to use it may be helpful and enable people to aid you further.

6. Mephestrial

Mephestrial

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Adding a birth model to a building other than undead or night elf isn't impossible. To prove this I threw together this quick model to show it. Yes, I know the geoset anims are all screwed up but only the birth anim matter for my point. The building is only textured during the build anim because I did not declare what color to use during the other anims.

ABirth.mdx and ABirth_Portrait.mdx created by paulH

Last edited: Aug 13, 2009
  7. Borax

Borax

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I know, that it isnt impossible, but it is quite difficult (and im not so good in english to describe it). I have already tried it, but in magogs model editor, there are sometimes some bugs.

8. Mephestrial

Mephestrial

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Perhaps if you tell me what buildings you are trying to add a birth model to, I could do a couple of them for you. It not really difficult, just tedious work.