1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Weave light to take you to your highest hopes - the 6th Special Effect Contest is here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Lead your forces to battle in the 15th Techtree Contest. The call is yours, commander!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

How Do I Change Actor Death Model Through Script?

Discussion in 'StarCraft II Modding' started by BlueBerryWizard, Feb 18, 2012.

1. BlueBerryWizard

BlueBerryWizard

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Code (vJASS):
        // Projectile Art
        ActorSend(ActorFromScope(ActorScopeFromUnit(lp_projectile), "::Main"), "ModelSwap {" + lp_model + "} {" + IntToString(0) + "}");
        ActorSend(ActorFromScope(ActorScopeFromUnit(lp_projectile), "::Death"), "ModelSwap {" + lp_model + "} {" + IntToString(0) + "}");

This succeeds at changing the units actor but not the death actor. The default actor for the unit I'm changing is:
    Code (Text):
    Death:250mmStrikeCannonsImpact:250mmStrikeCannonsSound:-1.000000,-1.000000:250mmStrikeCannonsSound

When the projectile dies it's always just the 250mmStrikeCannonImpact model (and of course sounds, I want to modify those too if possible). I don't know what actor message I'm supposed to send though to change the death actor. ::Death does not work.

Same problem as here but I'm not as n00b anymore: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/starcraft-ii-editor-help-zone-647/unitsetvariation-does-not-change-death-models-198884/

2. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    You using separate actors for death or something? Otherwise when you change the unit's actor it should change everything associated with it.

3. BlueBerryWizard

BlueBerryWizard

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    No... it doesn't change everything associated with it. The death actor never changes. So what do I do?

4. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Make the death actors generated by the death of the unit actor instead of the death of the unit.

5. BlueBerryWizard

BlueBerryWizard

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I have no idea how to do that. I must do this through script btw.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2012
  6. BlueBerryWizard

BlueBerryWizard

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I still need an answer to this...

7. Arhowk

Arhowk

Resources:
    Resources:
    I think what he meant is to make the death actors ran from the unit actors rather than running when the unit dies