• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How Do I Change Actor Death Model Through Script?

Status
Not open for further replies.
JASS:
    // Projectile Art
    ActorSend(ActorFromScope(ActorScopeFromUnit(lp_projectile), "::Main"), "ModelSwap {" + lp_model + "} {" + IntToString(0) + "}");
    ActorSend(ActorFromScope(ActorScopeFromUnit(lp_projectile), "::Death"), "ModelSwap {" + lp_model + "} {" + IntToString(0) + "}");

This succeeds at changing the units actor but not the death actor. The default actor for the unit I'm changing is:
Code:
Death:250mmStrikeCannonsImpact:250mmStrikeCannonsSound:-1.000000,-1.000000:250mmStrikeCannonsSound

When the projectile dies it's always just the 250mmStrikeCannonImpact model (and of course sounds, I want to modify those too if possible). I don't know what actor message I'm supposed to send though to change the death actor. ::Death does not work.

Same problem as here but I'm not as n00b anymore: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/starcraft-ii-editor-help-zone-647/unitsetvariation-does-not-change-death-models-198884/

Level 19
I think what he meant is to make the death actors ran from the unit actors rather than running when the unit dies

Status
Not open for further replies.